By Rick Kennedy, managing editor
The 42nd President of the United States, William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton, also known locally and born as William Jefferson Blythe III in Hope, was announced as the 2019 Hope/ Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce banquet’s keynote speaker on Saturday, April 6 during a lunch time meeting of the Chamber’s board of directors on Wednesday, and later, publicly announced the same afternoon, by Chamber director Beckie Moore.
Scheduled to appear with Clinton will be two familiar faces, Mack McLarty and Joe Purvis, both of whom were in Hope during Hempstead County’s Bicentennial Celebration on December 15, according to Moore.
The first Chamber press statement released at 4:20 p.m. Wednesday is as follows:
William Jefferson Clinton led the United States to the longest economic expansion in American history, including the creation of more than 22 million jobs. After leaving the White House, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation in order to continue working on the causes he cared about. Since its founding, the Foundation has endeavored to help build more resilient communities by developing and implementing programs that improve people’s health, strengthen local economies, and protect the environment.
In addition to his Foundation work, President Clinton served as the top United Nations envoy for the Indian Ocean tsunami recovery effort, the UN Special Envoy to Haiti—and has partnered numerous times with Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush to support relief efforts for communities devastated by natural disasters.
This year’s banquet theme is Press On. The evening at Hempstead Hall begins with a silent auction and concludes with the announcement of the highly anticipated Citizen, Educator & Business of the Year Awards.
Sponsorship opportunities are available that will include access to a Meet & Greet preceding the banquet. Tickets will be sold at $30.00 per person and a table for 8 will be $240.00. The chamber encourages everyone to call and reserve a ticket(s) or tables at this time. You may email your request to [email protected] or call 870.777.3640.
$1,200 – Gold Sponsor
- Two Front Row Tables (8 people per table) at the Annual Meeting/Banquet
- 16 Meet & Greet passes with President Clinton
- Recognition as Gold Sponsor in all pre/post news releases
- Recognition as Gold Sponsor for social media purposes
- Recognition as Gold Sponsor in the Annual Meeting PPT presentation
- Recognition as $500 Sponsor for 2020 Leadership Hope-Hempstead County
$800 – Silver Sponsor
- Two Second Row Tables (8 people per table) at the Annual Meeting/Banquet
- 12 Meet & Greet passes with President Clinton
- Recognition as Silver Sponsor in all pre/post news releases
- Recognition as Silver Sponsor for social media purposes
- Recognition as Silver Sponsor in the Annual Meeting PPT presentation
- Recognition as $250 Sponsor for 2020 Leadership Hope-Hempstead County
$500 – Bronze Sponsor
- One Key Placement Table (8 people per table) at the Annual Meeting/Banquet
- 4 Meet & Greet Passes with President Clinton
- Recognition as Bronze Sponsor in all pre/post news releases
- Recognition as Bronze Sponsor for social media purposes
- Recognition as Bronze Sponsor in the Annual Meeting PPT presentation