The City of Hope, Parks & Recreation Department is now hiring for the following position:
This postion offers full time hours and pay based on experience, skills and degree.
Please apply by April 9, 2021. Applications may be picked up at the Fair Park Office, City Hall or online at https://www.hopearkansas.net/employmentview.aspx?eid=619
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, conducts and coordinates a wide variety of recreational and community service programs for the City Park.
- Meets with groups and communities to promote programs at the park.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, including janitorial, maintenance and usage during recreational and community service programs.
- Responsible for rental, City usage and community programming facilities.
- Prepares a variety of reports and other documents.
- Presents program materials to interested groups.
- Provides input for the development in the budget determining materials.
- Oversees rental and registration activities and ensures accurate record keeping for program receipts.
- Maintains contacts with neighborhood groups, schools, businesses, law enforcement agencies, volunteer and community group and provides necessary coordination of services.
- Point of contact for seasonal staff, umpires, referees, and volunteers.
- Oversee the public pool
- Prepares fields for league play and other outdoor duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in Parks and Recreation Management preferred.
- Two+ years related preferred.
- Energetic Personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in managing multiple task/ projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during appropriate seasons
- Valid Arkansas Drivers’ License
For more information contact Summer Powell at 870-777-7500.