Southwest AR Education Cooperative Job Description:
Job title: Technology Coordinator Wage status: Salary Schedule
Reports to: Teacher Center Coordinator Days: 240
Dept\School: Main Building
Date Revised: February, 2017
The Technology Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating efforts with in the cooperative area to research, develop and offer professional development programs and technical support to SWAEC member districts. The Technology Coordinator will work with other educational specialist, organizations, agencies, and institutions of higher education to support the goals and priorities of the ADE.
A Bachelors Degree
Ability to manage program grant
Ability to interpret policy, and procedures
Exhibit use of presentation and technology skills
Exceptional organization, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties:
Part 1- -Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Technical Coordinator is responsible for designing, planning and providing appropriate professional development for teachers, technology coordinators and administrators in our cooperative area.
2. The technology coordinator is responsible for providing on-site professional development programs as requested by the districts.
3. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for working with various agencies throughout the region.
4. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for working with the Arkansas Department of Education and other agencies to provide information and professional development that would benefit our local districts.
5. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for adhering to the policy set forth by the Arkansas Department of Education.
6. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for participating in professional development, staff meetings, local, state, and national conferences in an effort to maintain a high level of professionalism.
7. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with coordinators and other cooperatives to assure an effective and efficient state wide network.
8. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for providing technical assistance to member districts.
9. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of technicalogy and media to enhance delivery of instruction.
10. The Technology Coordinator is responsible for special projects assigned by the ADA, the Co-op Director, or The Teacher Center Coordinator.