The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a Flash Flood Warning for
– West Central Union County in south central Arkansas…
– Northern Columbia County in southwestern Arkansas…
– Northeastern Lafayette County in southwestern Arkansas…
– Southwestern Nevada County in southwestern Arkansas…
* Until 445 PM CDT.
* At 147 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain have fallen. Flash flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly.
HAZARD…Flash flooding caused by thunderstorms.
IMPACT…Flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other drainage and low lying areas.
* Some locations that will experience flash flooding include… Magnolia, Waldo, McNeil, Village, Calhoun, College Hill, Lamartine, Laughlin, Ebenezer, Spotville and Marysville. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches are possible in the warned area.
FLASH FLOOD…RADAR INDICATED
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots.
Target Areas – Columbia…Lafayette…Nevada…Union