Vote now to advance HOPE DOWNTOWN NETWORK to the next round
HOPE, AR.—On February 24, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, kicked-off its fifth annual America’s Main Streets contest to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes.HOPE DOWNTOWN NETWORK in Hope, ARis among this year’s nominees.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest gives small business owners the opportunity to share their Main Street stories nationwide”, says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “But we know it takes a community to make that possible, so we’re inviting consumers to help recognize their favorite indie businesses.”
In 2018, Historic Downtown Hope became a program under Main Street Arkansas. Hope Downtown Network consists of business and property owners as well as community members who joined the efforts to promote downtown business revitalization and historic preservation.
Hope-Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce Director, Beckie Moore stated, “We are excited to receive the news of the nomination! Truly couldn’t have come at a better time! Hope Downtown Network has made a huge difference in downtown revitalization! Without the network and community partners, Hope would not be celebrating this nomination!”
The first round of voting in the contest began as soon as Hope Downtown Network was nominated and runs through April 19. All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com. VOTE NOW! VOTE OFTEN!
- Feb. 24 to April 19: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- Mar. 16-20: The Great American “West Coast Cruisin’” road trip
- April 27 to May 24: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 2: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL Dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
For more information on Hope Downtown Network, call Bob Erwin at 870.703.2916 or the chamber at 870.777.3640.
Presenting Contest Sponsor:
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment*, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remaining loyal to its 9,000+ authorized local STIHL Dealers nationwide.
Supporting Contest Sponsors:
- Do it Best Corp.
- Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group
- North American Retail Hardware Association
- Paint & Decorating Retailers Association
- PPG Paints
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. STIHL products are sold through more than 9,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include Nationwide Marketing Group, PPG and Do it Best Corp.
*”Number one selling brand” is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2019 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.