HPS Joins CADC Outreach

Ken McLemore

HOPE – The Hope Public Schools has joined with the Central Arkansas Development Council to heighten awareness of CADC-based services throughout the HPS.

HPS Superintendent Dr. Bobby Hart encouraged local public awareness of CADC’s services.

“CADC has tons of services that support our families,” Dr. Hart said. “I would encourage anyone in desiring the assistance they offer to contact Jeffery and his team.”

CADC representative Jeffery Laden, Hempstead County Family/Community Enrichment Specialist, explained the outreach.

“It is the mission of the CADC to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty, to help vulnerable populations achieve their potential, and to build strong communities in Arkansas through community action,” Laden said.

Local offices of the CADC are located in the BancorpSouth building in Hope, but lobby access is currently not available because of COVID-19 restrictions, Laden said.

“My phone number is 870-724-5080,” he said. “I encourage you to visit our website at and follow us on Facebook.”

Laden said his office provides assistance in financial literacy, credit repair, homeownership, employment skills, as well as other services.

“Some of the services we have available include utility assistance, senior assistance, Head Start, weatherization and tax preparation assistance, just to name a few,” he said. “If there is a barrier in your life or a situation in which you need assistance, please feel free to contact me Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.”

Currently, CADC assistance to local families through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Arkansas Energy Office Weatherization Assistance Program is available.

Jaden said LIHEAP provides families with short-term utility services payments assistance. Winter Regular Assistance Program recipients are allotted a utility benefit based upon household size, combined household income and utility services sought. LIHEAP applications may be submitted through CADC to P.O. Box 2530, Benton, Ar., 72018, or at [email protected] online.

Weatherization Program applications for assistance/repairs must be accompanied with Social Security/SSI documentation; payroll earnings documentation or income tax return documentation if self-employed; notarized source of contributions if receiving contributions; unemployment insurance documentation if unemployed; or a notarized letter signed by two witnesses not related who know the zero-income status of the household.

Income information should include the “total gross household income” of all household members, and claims of disability must be documented. Copies of utility bills for the most recent 12 months must also be included with the official application.

A copy of the application is available at online.

Back to top button