The UAMS Gap Services center in Prescott has enrolled in the no-cost federal COVID testing program, Operation Expanded Testing, to provide free COVID tests to the community every Monday. This marks one of the first in Arkansas to enroll in the free program.
More information about the enrollment was included in a press release issued this morning: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/affinity-empowering-enrolls-the-university-of-arkansas-for-medical-sciences-gap-services-program-into-operation-expanded-testing-301378451.html
“UAMS strives to provide the best health care options for everyone in Arkansas. With rising COVID-19 case numbers all across the country, we are proud that our Gap Services office in Prescott is able to offer free testing to anyone in need. We urge all community members to take advantage of this free program. Operation Expanded Testing has been a great addition to our successful community health service offerings,” said Cam Patterson, M.D., MBA, UAMS chancellor and CEO of UAMS Health.
• UAMS Gap Services are able to provide COVID-19 tests free of charge after enrolling in a federally funded COVID-19 testing program, Operation Expanded Testing (OET).
• OET was launched in June by the Biden Administration to allow schools and community organizations access to COVID testing.
• HHS and DOD are funding this program, which is carried out by Affinity Empowering.
• For additional perspective, spokespeople from the UAMS Gap Services office and Affinity Empowering are available for interview.
• For previous coverage of the program, see this report in Education Week – More Schools Are Doing Systemic COVID Testing. Will It Work?