Prescott School District is pleased to announce our Highest Honor and Honor graduates that will be graduating from Prescott High School on Thursday, July 2 at 7:00 p.m.
2020 Prescott Highest Honor graduates are:
2020 Prescott Honor Graduates are:
Please see PSD-PHS handbook policy for honor graduates:
5.16 – HONOR GRADUATES
Students desiring to graduate with “Honors” must complete the following requirements:
1. Must complete ten (10) of the following courses: Pre-AP English I, II; Chemistry; Physics; Algebra II, III; Calculus; Advanced Math/Trigonometry, Spanish I, II, III; French I, II, III; Multimedia I, II; Computerized Accounting; Anatomy and Physiology; any AP courses or approved concurrent credit courses.
2. “Honor” graduates must satisfy the “Minimum Core Curriculum” as established by the Arkansas Department of Education.
Graduates with “Highest Honors” will have satisfied all of the above requirements for their graduating class who have attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.90 to 4.00 by the end of the first semester of their graduating year.
Graduates with “Honors” will have satisfied all of the above requirements for their graduating class and have attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 to 3.89 by the end of the first semester of their graduating year.
Regular graduates will be the remaining students. Ranking will be based only on their GPA with no special consideration given to honor courses or course difficulty (including those students with fewer than ten honor credits). Class rank for these students will not be publicly announced but will be recorded on each graduate’s permanent record and available only to him/her or the authorized person receiving the transcript.
Highest Honor” and “Honor graduates will be recognized for their accomplishments. They will receive medallions at the commencement program. All graduates with “Highest Honors” will have a part in the graduation program. Graduates with “Honors” will be used beginning with the highest grade point average.
Transfer students to qualify for “Honors” recognition shall meet the following:
1. Entering sophomores must meet our entire policy.
2. Transcripts will be evaluated against the Prescott School District Honors Policy – only classes recognized in this policy will be credited.
3. Advanced Placement (AP) classes as labeled by the College Board shall be the exception.