The Hope Watermelon Festival 5K run and walk took place this morning under cloudless skies and mild temperatures that stayed under 76. Runners took off at 7:30 from the South Mockingbird and Park Drive intersection and went northward to start a trapezoidal route that eventually led back around to the same intersection for the finish line.
Lists of finishers were posted in the lot southeast of the starting and finishing point. The top 10 follows with each contestant’s town, age and gender courtesy of Mac’s Race Timing Service.
- Joe Bariola Hot Springs, Arkansas 17 M
- Evan Armitage Hot Springs 18 M
- Zeke McCain Hempwallace 18 M
- Carlos Aguilar DeQueen 16 M
- Juan Maldonado DeQueen 17 M
- Lawson Wideman Jessieville 19 M
- Gustavo Garcia DeQueen 17 M
- Chris Roberts Beebee 33 M
- Christian Kratz Arkadelphia 17 M
- Walt Barton Monticello 39 M
The top finishers among women were:
- Juliah Rodgers Hot Springs Village 17 F
- Emelia Eriksson Bentonville 17 F
- Jenny Kelly Little Rock 43 F
- Emily Montgomery Dallas, Texas 28 F
- Annabel Sarver Hot Springs 16 F
- Nicole Hobbs Little Rock 37 F
- Jasmin Sumrall Little Rock 31 F
- Lennon Bates Little Rock 32 F
- Valerie Lemmons Conway 34 F
- Halli Baber Pearcy 13 F
Among the walkers, here is the top 10:
- Holly Kerr Austin 66 F
- Sherrie Rankin De Kalb, Texas 58 F
- Kim Hall Magnolia 60 F
- Selma McDaniel Texarkana 60 F
- Rob McGill Mayflower 54 M
- Sue Cowart Prescott 72 F
- Loyd McDaniel Texarkana 72 M
- Denise Swint De Kalb, Texas 62 F
- Bill Schneider Camden 69 M
- Dara Smith Murfreesboro 17 F
In team play, the boys’ DeQueen Team was the overall winner. Among girls, the Lakeside Team placed first.
Other information, about rankings within age groups can be found here.
After the race, runners and walkers inspeced the results as they were posted and stood in line to collect the watermelon that was theirs for participating.