The Winter Storm Watch issued yesterday has been upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning. The National Weather Service predicts sleet and snow with a possible impact of power outages and hazardous travel conditions. See the full weather advisory below.
WINTER STORM WARNING ISSUED FEBRUARY 2 AT 2:53AM CST UNTIL FEBRUARY 3 AT 6:00PM CST
- WHAT…Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Sleet and snow accumulations up to one inch and ice accumulations of one quarter of an inch across northeast Texas and southwestern Arkansas to up to four tenths of an inch across portions of McCurtain county.
- WHERE…Portions of southeast Oklahoma, southwest Arkansas and northeast Texas.
- WHEN…From midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Elevated roadways such as bridges and will be especially prone to developing slick spots,
which could result in black ice and be difficult to detect at night.
- Area: SEVIER; HOWARD; HEMPSTEAD; NEVADA; MCCURTAIN; RED RIVER; FRANKLIN; TITUS; CAMP; WOOD; UPSHUR; SMITH