The Winter Storm Warning remains in effect; however, the advisory times are now from midnight tonight until 6pm tomorrow. See the full weather advisory from the National Weather Service below. Stay tuned to SWARK.Today for updates on this winter storm.
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
TO 6 PM CST THURSDAY…
- WHAT – Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Sleet and snow accumulations up to one inch and ice accumulations of one quarter of an inch across northeast Texas and southwestern Arkansas to up to four tenths of an inch across portions of northern McCurtain county.
- WHERE – Portions of southeast Oklahoma, southwest Arkansas and northeast Texas.
- WHEN – From midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Thursday.
- IMPACTS – Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS – Elevated roadways, such as bridges and overpasses, will be especially prone to developing slick spots, which could result in black ice and be difficult to detect at night.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.